The explosion that happened in Beirut last year led to the devastating destruction in multiple neighborhoods, where hundreds lost their lives and thousands were left injured and without homes or necessities. It is estimated that the explosions directly impacted around 300,000 individuals located across 10,000 buildings within three kilometers of the epicenter.
With this event sponsored by Rotary Amsterdam International and with the great support from Splendor, the Rotaract Club Amsterdam Nachtwacht International wants to collect funds to revitalize the businesses in Beirut whose operation has been directly affected by the blast. We want to support these businesses with the equipment they may need, and/or capacity building necessary for them to move forward. Rotaract Sahel Metn in Lebanon will help us make sure that all the proceeds from the selling of the tickets and the donations will go where there is most need by taking local action in their territory.
Alumni and students of the Conservatory of Amsterdam will join this cause by performing a one-hour live stream concert of classical and contemporary music.
If you want to contribute more you can transfer your amount to:
Rotaract Club Amsterdam – International
IBAN: NL75 INGB 0008 0330 83
Payment reference: Music for Beirut Donation
Music for Beirut Donation Programme:
1. A Drifting Up by Jon Hopkins – Juho Myllylä & Hessel Moeselaar
2. Runmainia 1,2,3 by Ruaraidih Wishart – Amsterdam Panflute Trio (Cristina Petcu, Elianne Vuik, Mariana Preda)
3. Sonata for flute and piano, 2nd and 3rd movement by F. Poulenc – Mariana Preda & Daisuke Kanamaru
4. Piano sonata Hob.XVI:50 by J. Haydn -Daisuke Kanamaru
5. Breathe by Juho Myllylä & Mariana Preda
6. Tanzstücke by Harald Genzmer -Cristina Petcu & Elianne Vuik
7. To gather alone by B.Bdil -Mariana Preda & Daisuke Kanamaru
8. Romanian Folk Dances by Béla Bartok – Mariana Preda & Daisuke Kanamaru